Agreement between User and Tripfind, Inc.
Updated March 26, 2021
Tripfind.com is owned and operated by Tripfind, Inc. This agreement describes the terms and conditions applicable to the services available on or through the Tripfind website and mobile website (collectively referred to as the “Site”), and details your responsibilities, thereby limiting the liability of Tripfind and its third-party suppliers. These suppliers include, without limitation, the airlines, hotels, rental car companies and other suppliers that provide travel or other services through this Site (such third parties collectively referred to as the “Travel Service Providers”). The Site is intended for personal, noncommercial use.
I. Legal Action
- Disclaimer of Warranties
All content contained within or available through this Site are provided to you on an “as is,” basis. Tripfind makes no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the operation of this Site or the information, content or materials included on this Site. To the fullest extent permissible, Tripfind disclaims all representations and warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or satisfactory workmanlike effort, informational content, title, or non-infringement of the rights of third parties. Tripfind does not warrant or make any representations that this Site will operate error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site and/or its servers will be free of viruses and/or other harmful components. Tripfind does not warrant or make any representations regarding suitability, availability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any material of any kind contained within this Site for any purpose, including software, products, services, information, text and related graphics content.
Without limiting the foregoing, no warranty or guarantee is made (i) regarding the acceptance of any request, (ii) that a user will receive the lowest available price for goods and/or services available through this Site, (iii) regarding the availability of products and/or services through this Site or, where applicable, at any participating retailer or retailer location, or (iv) regarding the results that may be obtained from the use of this Site.
- General Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Tripfind, including its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, licensors, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Site and its contents (collectively the “Covered Parties”), be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, compensatory, consequential, or punitive damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to: (i) loss of goodwill, profits, business interruption, data or other intangible losses; (ii) your inability to use, unauthorized use of, performance or non-performance of the Site; (iii) unauthorized access to or tampering with your personal information or transmissions; (iv) the provision or failure to provide any service; (v) errors or inaccuracies contained on the Site or any information, software, products, services, and related graphics obtained through the Site; (vi) any transactions entered into through this Site; (vii) any property damage including damage to your computer or computer system caused by viruses or other harmful components, during or on account of access to or use of this Site or any Site to which it provides hyperlinks; or (viii) damages otherwise arising out of the use of the Site, any delay or inability to use the Site, or any information, products, or services obtained through the Site. The limitations of liability shall apply regardless of the form of action, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if a Covered Party has been advised of the possibility of damages.
The travel service providers are independent contractors and not agents or employees of the Covered Parties. To the extent permitted by law, the Covered Parties do not assume liability or for any injury, damage, death, loss, accident or delay due to an act or omission of a Travel Service Provider and do not accept responsibility for any damage and/or delay due to sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, bankruptcy, machinery breakdown, quarantine, government restraints, weather, terrorism or causes beyond the Covered Parties’ control.
No Covered Party shall be responsible for any Travel Service Provider’s breach of warranty, nor for any other wrongdoing of a Travel Service Provider (including any liability in tort), as to any products and/or services available through this Site. No Covered Party shall be responsible for any Travel Service Provider’s failure to comply with this Agreement or with applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
To the extent not prohibited by law, if, notwithstanding the above, a Covered Party is found liable for any loss or damage relating to the use of this Site, user agrees the liability of any such party shall in no event exceed the total charge to the user assessed by Tripfind for making a Request.
You agree to defend and indemnify Tripfind and the Covered Parties from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought (i) by you or on behalf of you in excess of the liability described above; or (ii) by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of this Agreement
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of this Site in violation of this Agreement.
- Copyright and Trademark Notices
The content on this Site is protected under United States and international laws, including trademark and copyright laws. The content on this Site, including without limitation, the information, text, software, code, photographs, videos, typefaces, graphics, music, sounds, images, illustrations, maps, rating system (including Match Score, Overall Beach Resort Rating, and TripValue), designs, icons, trademarks, service marks, logos, and written content (collectively, “Content”), and the arrangement and compilation of the Content and the infrastructure used to provide such Content (which are also included in the definition of “Content”), are proprietary to and owned by Tripfind, its corporate affiliates, and/or the Travel Service Providers. Some trademarks, service marks and other company designations on the Site may belong to third parties or Travel Service Providers and are used on the Site under license or for identification purposes only. The use of marks on the Site that belong to third parties, and the availability on the Site of goods or services from such third parties, should not be construed as an affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship of this Site and its services by any such third party.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Acceptable Use of the Site
You must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to purchase, cancel or modify any services available through Tripfind. Accessing materials on this Site by certain persons in certain countries may not be lawful.
Tripfind grants you a limited, personal, nontransferable, non-sub licensable, revocable license to access and use this Site only as expressly permitted in this Agreement. You may only use this Site to make legitimate reservations, purchases or requests to purchase the products or services offered (each, a “Request”). By using a credit card to secure a travel Request through this Site, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to use that credit card for the Request. You agree to provide correct and true information in connection with your use of this Site. It is a violation of law to place a Request in a false name or with an invalid method of payment. Tripfind reserves the right to cancel any airline, hotel or rental car reservation or any other transaction that it reasonably believes to have been fraudulently made, including by unauthorized use of a credit or debit card.
Your use of and access to the Site does not grant you any license or right to use any of the Content on the Site. Any rights or licenses not expressly granted herein are reserved. It is expressly prohibited for you to use, transmit, copy, reproduce, download, print, modify, display, “frame”, “mirror”, publish, create derivative works from, transfer or sell the Content or any part of the Site without authorization from Tripfind. You may copy, print, and/or download your travel, transportation and lodging reservations and itineraries from the Site for personal use.
Without limiting the above, and whether or not you have a commercial purpose, you agree not to:
- use this Site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent Requests or any Requests in anticipation of demand;
- access, monitor, copy, or reproduce any Content of this Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or manual process for any purpose without express written permission of Tripfind;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Site for any purpose, including without limitation, the purchase path for travel services;
- submit, post, transmit, upload or deliver any unlawful content, information or comments to or through this Site;
- submit, post, transmit, deliver, upload or provide links to, any content containing material that could be considered harmful, harassing, obscene, pornographic, indecent, violent, abusive, profane, insulting, threatening, tortuous, defamatory, false, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- submit, post, transmit, upload or deliver any content, information or comments to this Site that infringe or violate the intellectual property of others including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, and/or rights to privacy or publicity;
- submit, post, transmit, upload or deliver any content or information that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any content or information that you post, transmit or deliver;
- use this Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with the use of this Site or other users’ computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to this Site, any related website, Content, accounts, computer system, or networks connected to this Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means; or
- obtain or attempt to obtain any Content through any means not intentionally made available through this Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses.
- User Rights and Responsibilities
B. Accounts, Security, Passwords
You may register to use this Site by completing the specified registration process and providing us with current, complete, and accurate information as requested by the online registration form. It is your responsibility to maintain the completeness and accuracy of your registration data, and any loss caused by your failure to do so is your responsibility. You agree to notify Tripfind immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. Tripfind is not liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge.
C. Third Parties
If you use this Site to submit Requests for or on behalf of a third-party (“Third-party”), such as a family member or a traveling companion, you are responsible for any error in the accuracy of information provided in connection with such use (for example, the billing address and phone number of the credit card holder). In addition, you must inform the Third-party of all Terms and Conditions applicable. Each User using this Site for or on behalf of a Third-party agrees to indemnify and hold each Covered Party harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, suits and claims (including the costs of defense), relating to the Third-party’s or the User’s failure to fulfill any of its obligations as described above. You are directly responsible for any Request submitted including for total charges and performance obligations.
D. No Agency Relationship
Tripfind does not agree to act as your agent or fiduciary in providing services through the Site.
E. Modification/Termination of Usage
Tripfind solely reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Site and/or any portion thereof, including any service or product available through the Site, and/or your profile, account password, or use of the Site, at any time for any reason with or without notice to you. In the event of termination, you will still be bound by your obligations under this Agreement and any additional terms, including the warranties made by you, and by the disclaimers and limitations of liability. Additionally, Tripfind shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to this Site.
F. Links to Other Websites and Services
To the extent this Site contains links to outside services and resources, or to the extent that third party websites link to this Site, any concerns regarding such services or resources should be directed to the particular outside service or resource provider. The presence of a link to a third-party site does not constitute or imply Tripfind’s endorsement or recommendation of the third-party, or of its content, products or services. If you choose to access any third-party site, you do so at your own risk.
G. User Comments, Feedback, and Other Submissions
- Certain portions of the Site may permit you to submit, post, transmit or upload content created by you, such as photographs, information, text, images, graphics, video, comments, suggestions, ideas (including product and advertising ideas), posts to blogs, social media networks (including Tripfind branded Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or similar channel) and discussion forums, and/or communications with other Site users (“User Submissions”). User Submissions also include content you post on your own social media pages that you give Tripfind permission to use; for example, by your posting of a hashtag that Tripfind is promoting or by any other indication of your acceptance of this Agreement.
- You agree that you will not submit any User Submission that: (a) includes material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to any other proprietary rights (including, without limitation, trademark rights or privacy and publicity rights) unless you are the owner of such rights or have express permission from the owner to post such material; (b) includes any material that, infringes upon, misappropriates, or violates the rights of any person or entity, or violates any applicable laws; (c) is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, indecent, violent, abusive, profane, false, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (d) contains advertisements or solicitations of any funds, goods, or services; (e) is a communication by a user impersonating another user; (f) contains personal information, such as messages which identify an individual’s names, telephone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, and/or addresses; or (g) could be considered bulk unsolicited communications.
- By submitting, transmitting, posting, uploading, modifying or otherwise providing any User Submission to Tripfind via the Site, social media, or otherwise, whether solicited or unsolicited, you agree that you are granting Tripfind a royalty-free, fully paid, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted, worldwide, sub-licensable, transferable license to use, copy, reproduce, broadcast, publish, print, transmit, perform, display, create derivative works from, translate, adapt, modify, distribute, exhibit, disseminate and otherwise exploit (collectively, “Use”) such User Submission for any purpose, including, without limitation, for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, in any media, now or hereafter known, even if this Agreement is later modified or terminated.
- You represent and warrant that the Use of the User Submission by Tripfind will not infringe upon, misappropriate or violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, statutory, contractual, personal or other rights of any person or entity, or violate any applicable law. You agree to obtain all necessary rights for the Use by Tripfind of User Submission, including without limitation, written releases of all rights of privacy and publicity from all individuals included in any way in a User Submission.
- Tripfind reserves the right to monitor, review, alter, edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Submission. You agree that Tripfind does not have any obligation to use or respond to any User Submission. Tripfind has no control over whether User Submissions are of a nature that you might find offensive, distasteful or otherwise unacceptable and, accordingly, Tripfind expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for User Submissions.
- Tripfind will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Tripfind to disclose the identity of anyone posting User Submissions that violate these Terms and Conditions or any law or regulation. Tripfind may also disclose such information if it has a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Tripfind, it’s customers, the Covered Parties, or the public.
- By submitting a User Submission, you acknowledge that any personal data supplied by you may be used by Tripfind or its agents for sending commercial marketing and communication emails to you. Tripfind may also share any such personal data with third parties for the purpose of commercial marketing and communications. You hereby consent to such use. You have the right to access, modify and request the destruction of your personal data at any time by sending a request to Tripfind; and you have the right to opt out from receiving such marketing and communication at any time by sending a message to Tripfind.
- You agree to defend and indemnify Tripfind and any Covered Parties that are involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Site and its Content from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties, or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature (including, but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees) that result from any User Submission that you made or any Use of a User Submission by Tripfind.
- Travel Services
Tripfind endeavors to publish and maintain accurate prices and information for its services. Travel Service Providers provide us with the price, availability and other information related to these services. In the event that a service is listed or provided to us at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or other error in pricing or service information received from a Travel Service Providers, we retain the right to refuse or cancel any Requests placed for such service, whether or not the order has been confirmed and/or your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your Request is canceled because of incorrect hotel, airline, or car provider information, we will promptly issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
- Travel Service Providers
You agree to abide by the terms or conditions of purchase imposed by any Travel Service Provider, whether that Travel Service Provider is selected by you or by Tripfind, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the Travel Service Provider’s rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of fares, products, or services. You understand that any violation of any such Travel Service Provider’s conditions of purchase may result in cancellation of your reservation(s) or purchase(s), in your being denied access to any flights, hotels, or automobiles, in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s) or purchase(s), and in Tripfind debiting your account for any costs Tripfind incurs as a result of such violation. You shall be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of the use of this Site.
You agree that we will not be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, which arises out of or is in any way connected with the performance or non-performance of any Travel Service Provider. In the event of non performance resulting from bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, dissolution or liquidation of a Travel Service Provider, you agree that your sole recourse shall be toward such Travel Service Provider and not toward us.
At Tripfind, we have no special knowledge regarding the suitability for disabled persons of any reservation. For information concerning the suitability for disabled persons for any reservation, contact the Travel Service Provider directly.
- Bookings Through Foreign Sister Companies and Other Third Parties
Certain reservations are facilitated by Tripfind and the Priceline Partner Network through Priceline’s foreign sister companies, including Agoda Company Pte Ltd. (Agoda.com), headquartered in Singapore, Booking.com B.V. (Booking.com), headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and TravelJigsaw Limited (rentalcars.com), headquartered in Manchester, United Kingdom.
Additionally, certain inventory on our site is sourced and booked through third party travel providers, including airline aggregators, for which Tripfind and Priceline facilitate the reservation.
- Currency and Exchange Rates
Purchases made on our Site are transacted in different currencies, depending on the user’s IP address and/or the currency that the user selects. You will be charged in the currency shown upon checkout in the Summary of Charges. If you make a purchase from us using a credit or debit card, please be aware that, due to the constant fluctuation in exchange rates, our charge to your card or the estimated charge amount we provide you, may differ based on the exchange rate at the time you make your reservation versus the rate at the time the charge is reflected on your credit card statement. Also, in the event that we must credit your account, we will refund the exact amount in the currency initially charged and will not be responsible for any fluctuations in exchange rates which may cause differences in your billing statement.
- Trip Protection
Travel Insurance offered on our Site is provided through a partnership with Allianz Global Assistance. When you purchase Travel Insurance in connection with one of our travel products, you are subject to the Terms & Conditions of Allianz Global Assistance. Please click here for more information pertaining to Travel Insurance: https://content.allianzpartnerservices.com/purchase-agreement/
- Airline Rules
Airline tickets available through this Site are subject to the published conditions of carriage and rules, including but not limited to cancellation policies, of the applicable airline. The contract of carriage in use by the applicable airline, when issued, shall be between the applicable airline and passenger. Airlines retain the right to adjust flight times and schedules at any time, and may in their discretion change or cancel flights or itineraries. Different tickets on the same airline may carry different restrictions or include different services.
- Code Share
Some airlines enter into “code share” agreements with a limited number of select airline partners. This means that on certain routes, the airline carrier selling or marketing the flight does not fly its own aircraft to that destination. Instead, it contracts with a partner airline to fly to that destination. The partner airline is listed as “operated by.” In most cases you will check in with your “operating” carrier; however, you should verify your flight check-in location with your ticketing carrier. If your flight is a code share, it will be disclosed to you in the booking process and prior to your payment on a price disclosed, retail airline ticket.
- Hazardous Materials
Federal law forbids the carriage of hazardous materials aboard aircraft in your luggage or on your person. A violation can result in five years’ imprisonment and penalties of $250,000 or more (49 U.S.C. 5124). Hazardous materials include explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials. Examples include paints, lighter fluid, fireworks, tear gases, oxygen bottles, and radio-pharmaceuticals. There are special exceptions for small quantities (up to 70 ounces total) of medicinal and toilet articles carried in your luggage and certain smoking materials carried on your person. For more information, see https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ash/ash_programs/hazmat/passenger_info/.
- Airline Prohibited Practices
You agree not to purchase a ticket or tickets containing flight segments that you will not be using, such as a “point-beyond”, “hidden-city”, or “back-to-back tickets” if those practices are prohibited by the airline(s). You further agree not to purchase a round-trip ticket that you plan to use only for one-way travel if that practice is prohibited by the airline(s). You acknowledge that most airlines prohibit all such tickets, and therefore we do not guarantee that the airline will honor your ticket or tickets if you engage in these practices. You agree to indemnify the Covered Parties against airline claims, on the basis of these or any other prohibited practices, for the difference between the full fare of your actual itinerary and the value of the ticket or tickets that you purchased.
- Use of Flight Segments
Most airlines require you to use flight coupons in sequential order. For those airlines who allow the use of a ticket for only one segment, if you do not cancel all or part of your journey prior to the departure of any segment of your itinerary, you may forfeit up to the value of your airline ticket, depending on the rules of the fare purchased.
- One Way Tickets
For certain itineraries, you are able to purchase two one way tickets on the Site rather than a round trip fare. If you do so, you will be making two separate bookings with two separate and different rules and policies (for example, for baggage fees, change fees, and refunds). Any changes made to one of your bookings will not affect the other booking (for example, if your initial flight is cancelled by either you or the airline, the other airline with which you booked your return flight is not obligated to issue a refund or change your itinerary). If you are traveling internationally, you may need to provide proof that you have a return flight at check in and at immigration.
- Information Required by The Transportation Security Administration (“TSA”)
The TSA of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires us to collect information from you for purposes of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, and the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA Privacy policies, or to view the system of records notice and privacy impact assessment, please see TSA’s Web site at www.tsa.gov.
- TSA Real ID Requirements (“TSA”)
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained any necessary identification for your travel, that will be accepted by airport security. For Transportation Security Administration “Real ID” requirements, go to https://www.tsa.gov/real-id.
- Taxes and Fees on Published Price Airline Tickets
Government imposed taxes and fees and any applicable airline imposed fees are included in your fare. Tax rates in effect at time of purchase are applied to your ticket price. Retroactive tax rate increases may be the responsibility of the traveler.
- Itinerary Changes/Cancellations/Refunds
Air travel itinerary changes, if permitted by the airline fare rules, may have a change fee charged by the airline typically ranging between $200 and $300 USD per ticket that will vary by market, carrier and specific fare rule. In addition, any changes made to your itinerary may incur a per ticket processing fee from our partners.
- Baggage and Other Ancillary Airline Fees
Airlines may require you to pay additional fees at the airport for certain services and/ or if you exceed certain limits as dictated by the airline, such as the number of bags or weight allowed, and some airlines do not offer a free baggage allowance. Some airlines charge additional fees for other services, for example, for carry-on baggage, priority boarding and seat assignments. Each airline should be consulted for complete information about its baggage and ancillary fees.
- Itinerary Changes/Cancellations/Refunds
- International Travel
- Passports, Visas, Hazards, and Disinsection
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained any necessary visas for your international travel, and that your passport will be accepted. You may be required to obtain a visa to transit a country, even if that country is not your final destination.
Although most travel, including to international destinations, is completed without incident, travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. Tripfind urges passengers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to international destinations. For State Department travel warnings and advisories, go to https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html. For foreign health requirements and dangers, go to www.cdc.gov/travel/index.htm. Other information relating to particular international destinations can be found at www.dot.gov, www.tsa.gov, www.faa.gov, https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html, www.treas.gov/ofac, or www.cbp.gov.
Although not commonly used, disinsection is permitted under international law in order to protect public health, agriculture and the environment. The World Health Organization and the International Civil Aviation Organization stipulate two approaches for aircraft disinsection–either spray the aircraft cabin with an aerosolized insecticide while passengers are on board or treat the aircraft’s interior surfaces with a residual insecticide (residual method) while passengers are not on board. For more information about disinsection or to review a list of airline contacts for disinsection and a list of countries that require disinsection, please visit the Department of Transportation website at https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer.
By offering or facilitating travel to or from particular international destinations, we do not represent or warrant that travel to or from such points is advisable or without risk, and we shall not be liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to or from such destinations.
- Airline Entry/Exit Fees
If you are traveling internationally, some countries or airports charge fees upon entering and/or exiting the country. These fees are not included in the ticket price, or the taxes and fees we display on our website prior to purchase. For more information on a specific country’s entry/exit fee, we suggest that you visit www.travel.state.gov prior to departure.
- Passports, Visas, Hazards, and Disinsection
- Airline Rules
Sometimes cheaper rates are available for a specific stay at a hotel, however, these rates made available by hotels may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example regarding cancellation and refund. Please check the room and rate details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. Prices, rates and inventory are subject to availability from the hotel.
- Check In
Upon check-in, the reservation holder must present a valid ID and credit card or, in the hotel’s discretion, debit card, in his or her name (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). To check in, the guest on the reservation must meet the hotel’s minimum age requirement, provided on the checkout page for any hotel reservation made on this Site.
- Double Occupancy
All hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (i.e. 2 adults). Unless specifically noted, accommodations for more than two adults are not guaranteed. Some hotels may not allow extra guests. If your hotel does allow extra guests, there may be additional charges. These charges vary and will be payable directly to the hotel.
- Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night
While you should call us if you wish to cancel a cancellable reservation in advance of your stay, if you are going to be delayed on your date of check in or find that you cannot check in to your hotel on the date you requested, you should contact the hotel to let them know. If you fail to check in to your hotel on the day of your reservation and do not alert the hotel, the remaining portion of your reservation may be canceled and you may not be entitled to a refund, depending on the terms and conditions of the applicable hotel.
- Double Occupancy
- Cancellations and Changes to Your Reservation
Hotel cancellation policies vary. Certain reservations are non-cancellable and non-changeable. Others require you to pay a penalty if you cancel. Still others are fully refundable. Check the hotel cancellation policy when you book.
- Disability Needs
If you have disability needs, you must call the hotel and verify that your disability needs can be met.
- Hotel Accommodations and Special Requests
Room assignments are based on hotel availability and are at the hotel’s discretion. For hotels that allow smoking on premises, we cannot guarantee a non-smoking room for every property. If you have special requests, you must call the hotel and verify that it can meet your special requests after you have made your booking. Tripfind cannot accommodate or guarantee that special requests will be met.
- Rating System
Tripfind’s proprietary rating system is provided for your reference. Tripfind screens participating hotels carefully and updates our information periodically to ensure the validity of our ratings. Our ratings systems may sometimes differ from those of other rating systems that you may be familiar with. We do not warrant or guarantee that any of our rating systems are equal to or consistent with any other rating system and reserve the right to change any rating at any time, with or without notice.
- Charges for Taxes and Fees
In connection with facilitating your transaction, we will charge your method of payment for Taxes and Fees. This charge includes an anticipated amount to recover the amount we pay to the hotel in connection with your reservation for taxes owed by the hotel including, without limitation, sales and use tax, occupancy tax, room tax, excise tax, value added tax and/or other similar taxes. In certain locations, the tax amount may also include government imposed service fees or other fees not paid directly to the taxing authorities but required by law to be collected by the hotel. The amount paid to the hotel in connection with your reservation for taxes may vary from the amount we anticipate and include in the charge to you. The balance of the charge for Taxes and Fees is a fee we retain as part of the compensation for our services and to cover the costs of your reservation, including, for example, customer service costs. The charge for Taxes and Fees varies based on a number of factors including, without limitation, the amount we pay the hotel and the location of the hotel where you will be staying, and may include profit that we retain.
Except as described below, we are not the vendor collecting and remitting taxes to the applicable taxing authorities. Our hotel suppliers, as vendors, bill all applicable taxes to us and we pay over such amounts directly to the vendors. We are not a co-vendor associated with the vendor with whom we book or reserve our customer’s travel arrangements. Taxability and the appropriate tax rate and the type of applicable taxes vary greatly by location.
For transactions involving hotels located within certain jurisdictions, the charge to your debit or credit card for Taxes and Fees includes an additional payment of tax that we are required to collect and remit to the jurisdiction for tax owed on amounts we retain as compensation for our services.
Depending on the property you stay at you may also be charged (i) certain mandatory hotel specific service fees, for example, resort fees, energy surcharges, newspaper delivery fees, in-room safe fees, tourism fees, or housekeeping fees and/or (ii) certain optional incidental fees, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service and movie rentals, etc. These charges, if applicable, will be payable by you to the hotel directly at checkout. When you check in, a credit card or, in the hotel’s discretion, a debit card, will be required to secure these charges and fees that you may incur during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly as to whether and which charges or service fees apply.
The charges may also include destination marketing fees collected by the hotel and passed along to tourist bureaus. If you are a citizen of a country other than the United States and you travel to your home country, you may owe additional taxes to the hotel at check out. Contact the hotel if you have questions.
- Rental Cars
We act as a facilitator in your reservation of a car with the rental car supplier. Vehicle rentals available through this Site are subject to standard rental contracts of the car rental companies, which will be completed by you at the time of pick-up of a vehicle. Actual prices may vary depending on special requests and items purchased at the counter. Pricing may change if you pick-up, or drop-off the car at a different date, time or location than you requested in your reservation or for other reasons at the discretion of the rental car company. While you may request child seats and other special requests, the requests are not guaranteed and are provided at the discretion of the rental car company. At the time of pick up, the driver will be required to present a valid driver’s license, and a valid credit card in his/her name. Some locations also accept debit cards; however, rental partners have different requirements for customers who will only have a debit card at the time of pickup. While our rental car partners strive to honor your request for car type (economy, full size, SUV etc.), your requested car type is not guaranteed to be available. Specific cars, makes and models are not guaranteed and listed car makes and model are for example only. Car fleet information including capacities is based on the latest information provided to us by the supplier and is subject to change.
- Charges for Taxes and Service Fees
We are not the vendor collecting and remitting taxes to the applicable taxing authorities in respect of the rental car. The rental car companies, as vendors, collect all applicable taxes from us and we pay over such amounts directly to the vendors on your behalf. Taxability and the appropriate tax rate and the type of applicable taxes for the car rentals vary greatly by location and are determined by the rental car company.
In connection with facilitating your retail rental car transaction, we will attempt to provide you, when the information is available, with a breakdown of the estimated taxes, fees and surcharges that may apply to your transaction. We will not charge you for these taxes, fees and surcharges, but the car rental supplier will
- Miscellaneous & Registrations
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- Tripfind’s COVID-19 Risk Score
There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 associated with traveling and moving through public spaces; regardless of a location’s COVID-19 Risk Score, Tripfind cannot guarantee that travelers will not be exposed. Tripfind’s COVID-19 Risk Score is meant to be a relative risk assessment metric only. By traveling, you agree that you assume all risks and potential costs associated with exposure to COVID-19.